Thursday, June 22, 2006

Job

I realized I never posted what happened with my job. So here is a quick summary...
I went back that night for my second shift and got a grand total of 1 hour of training before he left me alone. Granted he was in the hotel( he lives ther) but still I was all alone.

Then He came back after an hour or so and was talking to me and he asked me what type of college degree i had. I SPECIFICALLY told him 3 times at least i was in my last year of high school and it says so right on my resume which he obviously didn't read. when he found out I was 17 he got alittle ansy and kept dropping it into conversations like " well don't tell the gues ts ur only 17". He was also expecting me to haggle and use marketing techniques with people on the phone. It was obvious He had paid no attention whatsoever to my resume or interview where I made it clear I had no hotel experience and not much job experience. I thought I was applying for a housekeeping job until the last interview. it was a disaster and I felt literally sick so I told him that it would be beter if I didn't work here because it was obvious he was uncomfortable with my age and I didnt' have the skills necessary. Then he made me feel like an ass for quitting.

My parents were great about it. They had been having bad feelings about the whole thing anyways. It sucks but now I"ve had that bad experience I'm ready to move on and have some good ones.

No comments: