Saturday, June 03, 2006

I don't think I can Do this. . .

well I had my first morning at work and wow, I feel so stressed and incapable I cried. Yeah how sad is that, how many people have cried on the first day of their first job?
I thought It wouldn't be too bad but there is so much to learn, I applied for housekepping and when they offered me front desk I thought sure hey that's even better. After my first 4 hours of training I'm about to tear my hair out. There is so much I'm expected to know. I did check outs this morning and this is my only training in checkouts. Then tonight I go back for check ins and reservations. My head is spinning just trying to keep it all straight in my head. I wrote most of it down, but some of it we went through too fast and the little nuances I haven't managed to grasp yet. Im not a clever person by any means I can remember really well but to extrapolate that stuff into other areas and situations I'm not so good at. The guy who trained me ( not the one who hired me) seemed nice but i got the vibe he thought I was a little stupid, shy and slow. :( I'm gonna try and stick it out and we'll see how it goes. I'm terrified about reserving and booking and being left alone. Most likely I'll be doing night shifts 11pm-7am so I'll be mostly doing check ins for drunks, weirdos etc. I think I'll like nights once I get the hang of things. if ppl are reading this pray for me please, i'm gonna need all the support i can get. I hate being a shy person:( life is harder for us.

No comments: